Although Dysport is similar to Botox®, it has some key differences that may be better suited to your unique needs. Take a look below to see if Dysport sounds like the right choice for you.
What to Expect with Dysport
Dysport is administered via injections. Before treatment, we will cleanse, prep, and numb your skin (if needed). Once you’re ready, the injections will be delivered using a small, fine needle directly into targeted muscles of the face.
There is very little downtime required with Dysport, but you may experience common and temporary side effects including swelling, bruising, tenderness, nausea, inflammation, or a headache. We recommend avoiding the following:
- Applying makeup (for four hours)
- Excessive heat (hot yoga, showers, saunas, hot tubs, baths, etc.)
- Yoga (for four hours)
- Lying down or reclining (for six hours after treatment)
- Alcohol (for 24 hours)
- Blood-thinning medications and supplements (for two days)
- Rubbing or putting pressure on your face (1-3 days)
- Positioning your head below your heart (1-3 days)
- Tanning (one week)
- High-intensity exercise (one week)
- Facials of any kind (for one week)
Results can be seen in 1-3 days and typically last 4-6 months. Touch-up treatments can be performed every 90 days.